With decades of experience resolving some of the world’s largest, most highly publicized data breaches, we will exceed your cybersecurity needs
Founder and CEO
- Recognized industry leader in information risk across both Technology and Advisory services
- Former SVP at Thomson Reuters, Managing Director at Navigant Consulting, VP at Merrill Corporation, with over 20+ years of experience serving corporations, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations
- Joe has developed information sharing initiatives across the Financial and Legal sectors to synchronously align the interests of organizations and C-Suite decision makers to create “win/win” scenarios for complex risk issues
President and Cyber Strategist
- Former Brigadier General, US Air Force. Military service includes: Dir. of Intelligence (J2) U.S. Atlantic Command, Assist. Deputy Dir. of Ops at the National Security Agency, and Commander of the Air Force Technical Applications Center
- Previously Vice President of Cyber Services and Chief Cyber Strategist for Fidelis
- Managed the Network Defense and Forensics business at General Dynamics, including the Digital Forensics Lab
- Supported the DoD Cyber Crime Center (DC3), the Defense Computer Forensics Lab and the Defense Cyber Crime Institute
- Created GD information assurance and critical infrastructure protection group, which developed a wide variety of information assurance tools, including the Air Force’s intrusion detection infrastructure
- Rhode Island Governor Gina Raimondo recently appointed Jim to the state’s Cyber Commission
- Over 28 years’ of experience working in the information technology sector, setting up/developing digital forensics and eDiscovery labs as well as heading off-shore software development units for automation within the digital forensics incident response industry.
- Strong background in a variety of security concerns with a focus on digital forensics investigations.
- Nominated as a Top100 CIOs of Asia
- Built world class cyber forensics and eDiscovery lab infrastructures globally.
- Deep experience in supporting C-Suite Executives on topics of Cyber, Forensics, Analytics, and Automation.
- Proficient in developing lucrative partnerships and forming global strategic alliances with a strong track record of bottom-line responsibility.
- Has been a leader for diversity at Deloitte and was responsible for a mentoring program for the mid-level to senior management.
Bruce V. Hartley, Ph.D, CISSP
Digital Investigations Practice Leader
- 35 year security leader, CTO, CIO, CISO, COO, with experience in the military, Intelligence community, academia, and commercial arenas
- Most recently the CTO at Discovia and previously the National Practice Leader, Discovery Services, Deloitte FAS, LLP
- Functional expertise: incident response, breach remediation, security operations, software engineering, digital forensics, electronic discovery, testifying expert witness
Michael Lotas, CISSP
Incident Response Practice Leader
- 20+ years experience as a leading cybersecurity professional, working on many of the largest Incident Response projects in the United States
- Worked with Jim Jaeger to create and implement the General Dynamics and Fidelis Cybersecurity Solutions Incident Response Model, the Defense-in-Depth program and the Cybersecurity training for Incident Responders program
- Expertise with CSO and CISO Cyber operations, specializing in Incident Response planning, vendor relationship and retainer program management and cybersecurity road map management
- Supported the US Air Force Computer Emergency Response Team (AFCERT), the US CERT, JTF-GNO and other national level cybersecurity organizations
- Lead the USTDA effort for the creation of the Romanian National Cyber Innovation Center, the premier center of excellence and cybersecurity hub for Central and Eastern Europe
- 30+ years of leadership delivering Risk Advisory Services at the nexus of legal and technology for Boards of Directors and C-Suite executives
- Proven expert in managing regulatory, litigation, and digital investigation programs across private and public industry
- Expert in aligning Corporate Counsel and Law Firms objectives to create defensible workflows that mitigate risk and ensure that deadlines are met
- Functional expertise: forensics, eDiscovery, digital investigations, data analytics, complex litigation, risk mitigation strategies, and data breach remediation
- Previous leadership and strategic positions with Merrill Corporation, DTI/Epiq, Uniscribe and Aspen Systems (now Lockheed Martin)
Vice President of Sales
- Industry recognized Senior Business Development and Sales Executive with over 20+ years of experience
- Joined Arete in 2019 after fours years as VP of Breach Solutions at Epiq Systems where he focused on business development and revenue expansion
- Functional expertise in project management, supplementing revenue growth and driving relationships within the legal and cyber insurance communities
- Managed over 4,000 response campaigns across 80 insurance panels
- Partnered with data privacy attorneys, with campaigns covering over 140 countries and engagements affecting over 850 million people
- Named as a ‘Cyber Security & Data Privacy Trailblazer’ by The National Law Journal