Arete’s forensic experts assist clients in responding to and recovering from cyberattacks, data breaches, theft of trade secrets, and governmental investigations.
Arete experts have worked on some of the largest data breach matters on record. We bring that experience along with best-of-breed technologies and world-class threat intelligence to bear when assisting our clients investigate, remediate, and contain a cyber incident. In most cases, we work under the direction of, and communicate through, outside counsel to protect our client’s legal, regulatory, and compliance risk and ensure client confidentiality.
Arete also assists organizations defend themselves when legally challenged on the soundness of their data security practices following a data breach of sensitive information.
Examples of recent forensic matters handled by Arete experts include:
- Data breach and business interruption response and remediation
- Preservation and recovery of digital assets
- Theft of trade secrets/intellectual property investigations
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigations
- Internal malfeasance investigations